A Mirror Reflection of the Maker

edited May 18 in Bible Study

There are 5 portions of scripture that have caught my attention when I reflect on being made in His image, therefore being a mirror image of the Creator, my Maker. I will discuss, and I request your engagement.

1. Job 23:10: But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
  2. Psalm 34:19 - The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all
  3. John 15:2b: Every branch that bears fruit, He prunes so that it may bear more fruit
  4. Job 42:2: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you."
  5. Malachi 3:3: He will sit like a refiner of silver, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord. 

Let's take the first verse and think about the refining of gold. If you can, please watch a YouTube video of the refining of gold. It goes through fire or acid; it is sometimes powdered completely. The acid, fire, or electricity removes or separates impure substances from the pure gold by melting it. Can you imagine what Job meant when he said that after God tested him, he would emerge as pure gold? Imagine the stuff he went through—wasn't it fire, acid, or electrocution? Oh, it was, but because he believed in what God was doing in his life and the divine purpose God always has for us, he took Psalm 34:19 as it is and reminded himself that "many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers them out of them all. If it is your own bible you are reading, please underline MANY and ALL.

When the bible says, MANY are the afflictions of the righteous, it goes without saying that these afflictions are the refining process. I'd like for you to change your mindset today. instead of looking at the fire as affliction, look at it as a refining process. I know how hard that is; I must remind myself to do this as well. I'm definitely not saying it because it's easy. no one can sing in the fire. We are confident of one thing: He delivers us out of them ALL.

A branch that bears fruit he still prunes? Yes, so that it produces more fruit. Pruning is a road to growth, elevation, upliftment, and productivity. It seems like a mean way to do it when you have to be "cut," but trust me, He is our Maker and He knows best. when you feel like you are being cut down to size, dear, do not give the devil any glory! God is the one who is always at work in your life so talk to Him and let the Holy Spirit guide you to all truth. Keep doing what you do to bear fruit. Check your list in Galatians 5:22 (love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) and produce them; there is no law against any of them anyway; the more, the better.

Malachi 3:3 never ceases to amaze me, and that is where the title of my discussion is taken from. When silver is refined and polished, the polisher will tend to look for his image on the silver item to be certain that it is clean and free of impurities. That is our maker. The Bible in Malachi 3:2 says, But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? He is like a refiner’s fire... Can you stand when God comes to refine you? Yes, you can, because the whole time during this process, you will be safe and secure in His hands. He will hold you close to dust off impurities and polish you with His loving hands, and by the time He is done with you, He must see His image reflected on you. He must see that you have the heart of God within you. Are you a mirror image of Him who created you in His own image? He wants to prune you, polish you, and sieve impurities from you. Don't worry; you are in His hands.

Be encouraged.

God bless you.